This Sidney Dekker seminar, hosted by Middlesex University London, is designed for business leaders and managers interested in exploring new ways to learn from failure and to restore trust and accountability in their organisations.
A just culture is an organizational culture of trust, learning and accountability. It is particularly important when an incident has occurred; when something has gone wrong. How do you respond to the people involved? What do you do to minimize the negative impact, and maximize learning? You will learn about restoring trust and accountability in your organization by investing in people, relationships and restorative justice; about dealing with the trauma, guilt but also the resilience that can follow incidents; and about the very meaning of disaster, loss and suffering in a scientific age.
Over the last years, a growing number of organisations have tried to implement policies, practices and methods that help them deal responsibly with the aftermath of failure. In this one day Master Class, attendees will be introduced to the ideas and principles that underpin the Restorative Justice movement, but also the proven tools, methods and practices that allow organisations to manage the aftermath of failure justly, humanely and with a focus on learning and improvement.
Participants will learn:
- How to establish a just culture appropriate for their organisation
- The difference and affinities between retributive and restorative responses to failure
- Different ideas about why people inside your organisation break rules
- Ways to respond to the criminalisation of human error
- How to think about accountability in constructive, forward-looking ways
- How to minimize the negative impact of incidents, and how to maximise learning
Come spend a day with a professor, pilot and the author of best-selling books such as Just Culture; Second Victim; and The End of Heaven. Art of Work is proud to host Sidney Dekker for an exclusive encounter with our clients and guests.
When: 8am - 5pm,
Venue: Middlesex University London, NW4 4BT (Nearest tube: Hendon).